Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora is proud to announce that effective Jan. 1, 2015, Catia G. Saraiva will be a new partner. Since starting at the firm in 2002, first as a law clerk and then as an attorney in 2004, Catia has been an integral part of the firm’s success. In 2009, working with Mr. Buccola, she represented the heirs of a dependent adult patient (under the California Elder Abuse & Dependent Adult Laws) who died days after her admission into an acute-care hospital due to use of an unsafe restraint. In 2011, she earned a Woman Trial Lawyer of the Year nomination for her work in the trial of Parken v. Smart-Vasquez, where she obtained a $3.6 million verdict with Mr. Greenblatt in a rear-end collision case. In 2013, she was instrumental in prosecuting the Botell v. United States case with Mr. Campora, where the United States was sanctioned for destroying evidence and is currently undergoing investigation by the Interior Department Inspector General over allegations that National Park staff covered up misconduct in the case. She has twice been nominated for CAOC Attorney of the Year, is selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in California Super Lawyers, and in 2013 and 2014 was recognized as one of Northern California’s Outstanding Young Lawyers. Catia is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish, is active in various organizations and does volunteer work to better our community. The firm is pleased to welcome Ms. Saraiva as a partner.
CSU Sacramento – (B.A. in English 2000, Magna Cum Laude)
McGeorge School of Law, University of Pacific (J.D. 2004, with Distinction, Evening Division)
– Order of the Coif
– Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award
– The Roger J. Traynor Honor Society
– Recipient of the Witkin Awards in Legal Process/Research Writing and Business Associations
– Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law, ABA/The Bureau of National Affairs Inc.
– Top 20 Finalist in First-Year Mock Trial Competition 2001
– Teaching Assistant for International Advocacy 2002-2003
– Judicial Extern, United States District Court, Eastern District, Sacramento Division 2004
Sacramento Consumer Attorneys
Consumer Attorneys of California
American Association for Justice Order of the Coif
Sacramento County Bar Association State Bar of California