A Sacramento native, Robert Buccola is a managing and founding partner of Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora, LLP. He is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley and the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. For the last 15 years, Robert has been selected to Northern California’s Super Lawyers®, a trusted industry guide that rates attorneys based on peer review and other indicators of career success. Most importantly, Robert firmly believes in providing each of his clients with personalized, one-on-one legal counsel when they need it most. Each case is important, and when you find yourself in need of a legal advocate, you’ll know the value in choosing an attorney who will take the time to speak with you personally.
Robert Buccola is a real attorney who obtains real results. He, and the rest of the firm, work on a contingency fee basis that prioritizes the needs of the clients and ensures that you don’t pay unless you win. Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora, LLP obtains several 7 and 8 figure verdicts each year on behalf of their clients, and each attorney is committed to upholding that dedicated reputation.
Founded on Hard Work and Compassion
Robert began his career as an insurance defense attorney, representing individual insureds and corporate defendants for several years before beginning his career working for injury victims in 1985. For more than 35 years, Robert has had the honor and privilege of exclusively representing injured clients and their family heirs, along the entire spectrum of personal injury litigation. When asked what drives him, Robert said, “My parents taught me the virtues of hard work and compassion at an extremely young age. By nature, I’m competitive, and I thrive on a challenge. My clients’ causes become my own.”
In 1989, Robert began to author and lecture to lawyers for the Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB). At the time, Robert was the youngest CEB author/lecturer in the state. Robert writes, lectures and teaches for many notable legal educational groups on tort law and trial practice including Consumer Attorneys of California, the National Business Institute and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Real, Noteworthy Achievements You Can Rely On
Almost 25 years ago, Robert was inducted into the Sacramento Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) as its youngest Chapter Member. Robert is also a member emeritus and a “Master of the Bar” in the Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court. He is the past president of ABOTA’s Sacramento Chapter. (Less than 1 percent of all practicing lawyers throughout the country are admitted as ABOTA members.)
Robert has attained six record verdicts and settlements throughout Northern California. His results include record verdicts in California Counties as far north as Tehama County and as far south as San Diego, with a Bay Area record result in addition to his successes in Sacramento County. In 1998, Robert attained the highest personal injury verdict in Sacramento County history and has twice exceeded that record: first in 2010 with a $24.3 million verdict, and most recently in 2013 with a $34.9 million result.
In 1998, Robert received the “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award” from the Sacramento chapter of Consumer Attorneys. In 2001, he received from the ABOTA Sacramento Chapter’s “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award.” In 2005, the Consumer Attorneys of California honored Robert as a top 10 litigator and finalist in the statewide "Consumer Attorney of the Year" award at its annual convention in Los Angeles.
In 2012, Robert was one of only six California lawyers to be inducted into The Inner Circle of Advocates, a group with a membership of the top 100 lawyers in the United States.
For more than 20 years, he has been rated AV Preeminent® in his field through Martindale-Hubbell®* and he is noted as one of approximately 16 Northern California personal injury lawyers who have been named a “Top 100 Super Lawyer” in Northern California. Robert is recognized by Sacramento Magazine and The Best Lawyers of America© as an area “Best Lawyer,” and in 2005 Robert was also featured by the University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law as their 80th Anniversary Practicing Lawyer.
Robert is one of the approximately 150 plaintiff injury lawyers in the state who is certified as a “Civil Trial Specialist” by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and he sits as a Judge Pro Tem for the Sacramento County Superior Court.
Robert is a funds developer for the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), an organization that provides legal services for local foster care kids in need. He remains actively involved in supporting numerous local charities and philanthropic organizations and is proud to have been awarded the Morton L. Friedman Humanitarian of the Year Award in 2014.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accidents
- Product Liability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB)
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- National Business Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyer, San Francisco Magazine
- “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award,” Consumer Attorneys Sacramento chapter
- “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award,” American Board of Trial Advocates’ Sacramento Chapter
- Top 10 Litigator, Consumer Attorneys of California
- "Consumer Attorney of the Year" Finalist, Consumer Attorneys of California
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers® Northern California Top 100, 2008 - 2019
- “Best Lawyer,” Sacramento Magazine and Best Lawyers of America® based on peer review screening
- 80th Anniversary Practicing Lawyer, University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law
- Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Greater Sacramento area Trial Lawyer of the Year, The Best Lawyers in America 2013
- Super Lawyers® Sacramento Top 25, 2013 - 2019
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court, Member Emeritus and a “Master of the Bar”
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Sacramento Chapter, youngest Chapter Inductee
- ABOTA Sacramento Chapter, Past President
- Sacramento Child Advocates, Board Member
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Member
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top One Percent, Member
- Sacramento County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem
- The American College of Trial Lawyers, Member since 2010
- One of six active California counsel inducted into The Inner Circle of Advocates with 100 members nationally
- Fund Development, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
Pro Bono Activities
- Member of the Sacramento Child Advocates
- Morals Value Program of Sacramento, Fund Developer
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.