- Associate Attorney
Nathaniel A. Smith is an associate with the law firm of Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora, LLP. Mr. Smith was previously a partner at a large civil defense litigation firm, defending insurance companies and national/international business clients against complex injury and fatality claims throughout the U.S. While he developed a very successful trial litigation practice defending these clients, he felt a call to instead help those who have been wrongfully harmed. He brings this unique perspective to the firm, knowing the defense bar's playbook inside and out while vigorously seeking justice for his clients.
Mr. Smith attended Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego and graduated with honors in 2003, obtaining a B.A. in Philosophy and Theology. He then attended the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento in 2004. He was awarded highest honors in both Appellate Advocacy and Trial Advocacy, in addition to receiving the Witkin Award. Upon graduating in 2007, he was invited into the Traynor Honor Society. He passed the bar exam that same year (despite having to hand-write the entire bar exam because his lap top crashed just minutes before the test began!), and was sworn in as an attorney by his father, retired Superior Court Judge R. Michael Smith.
Mr. Smith has extensive experience successfully litigating claims involving automobile accidents, wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, assault and battery, sexual assault, dog bites, construction defect, premises liability, and products liability, from pre-litigation work through jury trial and post-trial motions. He has obtained millions of dollars on behalf of his past clients. He is currently working alongside partner Steven M. Campora on behalf of plaintiffs in the Thomas Fire and Woolsey Fire claims in Southern California, in addition to representing plaintiffs throughout Northern California in the numerous pending fire claims against PG&E. He has been recognized since 2015 as a Super Lawyer Rising Star, a peer-nominated distinction reserved for only the top 2.5% of all practicing attorneys under age 40.
Nate has been married to his amazing wife Marissa for 17 years, and they have two wonderful sons together. In his (limited) free-time, he enjoys endurance sports such as the Tough Mudder and 100 mile cycling events, golfing, playing guitar, cooking, and heading deep into the woods to camp with his family.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- California, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2016
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Highest Honors – Appellate Advocacy
- Honors: Highest Honors – Trial Advocacy
- Honors: Witkin Award – Law of Armed Conflict
- Honors: Traynor Honor Society
- Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, California
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: Philosophy and Theology
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2015, 2017-2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Solano County Bar Association, Past Board Member and Past President, 2014
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member - Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- American Bar Association