Anthony J. Garilli has always fought hard on behalf of his fellow citizens. He served his country as a U.S. Marine for six years and prosecuted crimes on behalf of the People of the State of California as a Deputy District Attorney for nearly four years.
As a Marine, Anthony worked in the Intelligence field. He received additional training in reconnaissance, survival, advanced marksmanship, as well as attending Army Airborne and Ranger schools.
As a Deputy DA, he tried numerous cases to jury verdicts and has spent a significant part of his legal career litigating in the courtroom. He has prosecuted and tried cases ranging from juvenile matters to felonies and strike cases, including part of the prosecution trial team on an eight-month long capital murder trial.
In 2015, Anthony entered the civil justice system where he worked at a litigation firm growing the firm's personal injury practice. He obtained numerous awards for his clients, including a $33.6 million judgment on behalf of a catastrophically injured victim in a rear-end collision. Anthony also worked on many of the firm's mass tort cases preparing opt-out cases for trial, as well as select class actions before joining Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora in 2018.
Anthony has spent the majority of his professional life in service to others and helping those in need. He works as a member of Roger Dreyer's trial team where he continues to advocate for the rights of injured victims and families who have lost loved ones.
In 2019, Roger Dreyer and Anthony obtained a $23.2 million verdict on behalf of a young woman who suffered an above the knee amputation of her leg in the propellers of a rental boat in Lake Tahoe. In 2021, Roger Dreyer and Anthony obtained settlements of $45 million on behalf of a catastrophically injured construction worker, as well as a $10.9 million settlement on behalf of two young men catastrophically injured at a dangerous intersection. Anthony has additionally obtained numerous seven-figure settlements and arbitration awards on behalf of his clients.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accidents
- Product Liability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2015
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2015
- Chapman University School of Law, Orange, California
Honors and Awards
- Letter of Commendation, El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office, 2013
- Letter of Commendation, El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office, 2012
- Outstanding Law Graduate, National Order of Scribes, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Capital City Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Association of Justice