Robert Buccola is a managing and founding partner of Dreyer Babich Buccola Wood Campora, LLP and is a native of Sacramento. He is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, and the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. Robert has been recognized by San Francisco Magazine as one of Northern California's Super Lawyers, which names attorneys in each state who have received the highest point totals, through both peer review and the independent research of Law & Politics.
Robert began his career as an insurance defense attorney defending individual insureds and corporate defendants for several years before beginning his career representing injury victims in 1985. For more than 30 years, Robert has had the honor and privilege of exclusively representing injured clients and their family heirs, along the entire spectrum of personal injury litigation.
“My parents taught me the virtues of hard work and compassion at an extremely young age. By nature, I’m competitive and I thrive on challenge. My clients’ causes become my own.”
In 1989, Robert began to author and lecture to lawyers for the Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB). At the time, Robert was the youngest CEB author/lecturer in the state. Robert writes, lectures and teaches for many notable legal educational groups on tort law and trial practice including Consumer Attorneys of California, the National Business Institute, and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Thirteen years ago, Robert was inducted into the Sacramento Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) as its youngest Chapter Member. Robert is also a member Emeritus, and a “Master of the Bar” in the Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court. He is the past President of ABOTA Sacramento Chapter. (Less than 1% of all practicing lawyers throughout the country are admitted as ABOTA members.)
Robert has attained record verdicts and settlements throughout Northern California and has recovered in excess of 250 million dollars for his deserving clients. His results include the current largest personal injury gross verdict and the largest pain and suffering verdict in Sacramento County – a record that has stood for nearly ten years, and which was upheld on appeal in favor of his 19 year old client. In 2001, Robert obtained the largest verdict ever in Marin County on behalf of a pedestrian injury victim and in 2005, he obtained the largest personal injury verdict in Tehama County for a local man.
In 1998, Robert received the “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award” by the Sacramento chapter of Consumer Attorneys. In 2001, he received from the American Board of Trial Advocates’ Sacramento Chapter it’s “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award.” In 2005, the Consumer Attorneys of California honored Robert as a top 10 litigator and finalist in the statewide "Consumer Attorney of the Year" award at its annual convention in Los Angeles.
For more than ten years, Martindale Hubbell, a peer rating service, has given Robert the highest competency and ethical rating of “Pre-Eminent” in his field and he is noted as one of approximately 16 Northern California personal injury lawyers, as a top 100 Super Lawyer in Northern California. Robert is recognized by Sacramento Magazine and by Best Lawyers of America’s peer review screening process as an area “Best Lawyer.” In 2005, Robert was also featured by the University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law as their 80th Anniversary Practicing Lawyer.
Robert is one of the approximately 150 plaintiff injury lawyers in the state who is certified as a “Civil Trial Specialist” by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and he sits as a Judge Pro Tem for the Sacramento County Superior Court.
Robert is a board member of the Sacramento Child Advocates and a fund developer for the Morals Value Program of Sacramento, he remains actively involved in supporting numerous local charities and philanthropic organizations.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accidents
- Product Liability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- California, 1983
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Juris Doctor
- University of California, Berkeley
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyer, San Francisco Magazine
- “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award”, Sacramento chapter of Consumer Attorneys, 1998 - Present
- “Trial Lawyer of the Year Award”, American Board of Trial Advocates’ Sacramento Chapter, 2001 - Present
- Top 10 litigator, Consumer Attorneys of California , 2005 - Present
- Finalist in the statewide "Consumer Attorney of the Year" award at its annual convention in Los Angeles
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Top 100 Super Lawyer in Northern California
- “Best Lawyer” Sacramento Magazine and Best Lawyers of America’s peer review screening
- 80th Anniversary Practicing Lawyer, University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law, 2005 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sacramento Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) , Youngest Chapter Member
- Anthony M. Kennedy Inn of Court, Member Emeritus and a “Master of the Bar”
- ABOTA Sacramento Chapter, Past President
- Sacramento Child Advocates, Board Member
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers , Member
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel , Nation’s Top One Percent, Member