With over 25 years of experience at Dreyer, Babich, Mr. Sheffer holds the distinction of being the firm’s longest tenured attorney, other than the founders, since the three founders opened the firm in 1987.
Mr. Sheffer has litigated numerous high profile cases with Mr. Buccola, and has successfully resolved thousands of cases for injury victims in his over 25 years with the firm. Mr. Sheffer’s practice focuses on catastrophic injuries caused by automobile collisions, construction site dangerous conditions, dangerous products, and premises liability, as well as wrongful death cases.
Attorneys are evaluated by various independent rating organizations, such as Martindale Hubbell. Mr. Sheffer earned Martindale’s highest rating, “AV Preeminent”, based on surveys of attorneys in the community, on both competency and ethics. Mr. Sheffer was also recognized as a “Super Lawyer”, by the Super Lawyers publication, a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Mr. Sheffer has been extremely active in Consumer Attorneys of California, the organization responsible for protecting the rights of injury victims, and bringing about legislative change. Mr. Sheffer served on the CAOC Board of Governors for 15 years, as well as the Board of Directors, requiring extensive travel statewide, and review of important pending legislative changes and judicial opinions.
Mr. Sheffer serves the courts of Sacramento and El Dorado counties as a pro tem judge, in the court’s alternative dispute resolution programs.
After attending and swimming at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Washington, Mr. Sheffer earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in 1980 and his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree in 1987, both from the University of Oregon.
Craig is an avid swimmer, and is a former collegiate All American and US Masters All American swimmer. He is also a rabid fan of the teams of the University of Oregon Ducks.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accidents
- Product Liability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- California, 1987
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- Juris Doctor - 1987
- University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon
- Bachelor of Science - 1980
- Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
- Two years of study - 1977
- Honors: NAIA All America swim team 1976, 1977
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Local Trial Lawyer Association President of the Year Award, 2005 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member, 1987 - Present
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member, Board of Governors, 1998 - 2013
- Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association, Member, President, 2005 - Present
- American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA), Member
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento County, Judge Pro Tem
- Sacramento County , Arbitrator
- El Dorado County, Dispute Resolution Conference Judge
- Continuing education panelist